When it comes to reliability, your car plays a vital role in providing daily needs. Your car’s oil should be changed regularly to deliver at peak performance. Think carefully about the many reasons you car will require oil changes.
1. Wear and tear on your car’s engine can be subtle. It takes place as the result of massive strain on the engine over driving conditions. Ironically, long stretches of driving are less abrasive on an engine than quicker bursts of stop and go traffic. As a result, it is important to make note of your driving habits. During these bursts of stop and go driving, the engine will absorb bits and fragments of contaminants. If you have good oil, the lubrication will be sufficient to absorb the impact of these contaminants or prevent them altogether. This is also known as oil viscosity and will degrade over the life of its use.
2. Viscosity is vitally important to the lubrication of an engine. It can be greatly affected by environmental factors including temperature, air quality, and even the type of engine encased in your vehicle. The viscosity level of oil changes in cold versus warm weather. Cold weather often requires a more regular change to keep everything running smoothly.
3. If the car is exposed to poor air quality such as dust or high humidity, this will affect the engine performance. In this case, your air filter is like the lungs of your car: poor air quality will affect oil viscosity and require frequent changes.
4. Another reason for changing your oil is keeping a record of proactive maintenance in case you resell your car. If you are selling it privately without a dealership, keeping accurate records of oil changes will be a winning perk for any prospective buyer.
5. Oil changes also keep the engine cool and prevent overheating. This will affect every part in the engine, preventing costly repairs in the future. One small part can create the risk in a domino effect in repair bills.
Let our ASE Certified mechanics diagnose and repair your vehicle right the first time out because at Mr. Muffler auto repair, we’re not satisfied unless you’re satisfied! Visit one of our full service auto repair shops today or call Sterling Heights (586) 264-3650 or Macomb Township (586) 954-1234!